Monday, May 19, 2014

Looking analytically: Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion


Here's the online Table of Contents from a typical issue of a social science journal reporting examinations of Religion from through the lens of systematic methodology. The title of each article in the table is linked to an abstract, with full pdf files available behind a paywall. For articles I'm interested in I use the resources Norlin Library at the University of Colorado, Boulder.

A few items from the listing, for a quick view:
Valuable contributions in their own right to thinking about the topic at hand, each also includes links to the wider research that lead to further exploration. Three-Factor Structure of the Mysticism Scale? I actually will look that one up.

I'll dip into the references here occasionally as I explore Religion and the Cosmos, but my intent in this journal is to provide a personal perspective, not a comprehensive treatment. I introduce the Journal here because it is a regular part of my reading, and to give a hint of the attention the topic has received in the scientific community. It's a matter of enough interest that it justifies existence of an academic superstructure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We'll get back with you as soon as possible.

Michael.

It starts with the earth.

Driving into our high mountain plateau, one is first struck by the monoliths. Granite outcroppings dot the valleys and canyons, erupting lik...